May 2021 Newsletter
- A Reminder to all members that there is “NO SMOKING” inside of the club. Anyone caught smoking will face disciplinary action before the board of Directors up to and including dismissal from the club.
- There will be a club work party Saturday May 15th from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Please come out to help keep our club looking FIRST CLASS! Members are reminded that they can come out and work anytime to keep the club looking great. You do not have to wait for a work party to help clean up around the club.
- Members are asked to please pick up your brass and deposit it in the buckets provided when you are done shooting on the rifle/pistol range. Leaving the brass on the ground creates a hazard for the people mowing!
- Members are asked to please use the envelopes provided to pay for range use money. Also note how many rounds and what caliber you shot on the range.
- ONLY CLUB MEMBERS MAY PURCHASE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES. Our liquor license does not allow beer or liquor to be removed from the club grounds (NO ROADIES). Anyone caught removing beer or liquor from the club grounds will face disciplinary action before the board of Directors up to and including dismissal from the club.
- When you come out to the club for any event, make sure you sign the membership book located inside of the back room of the club. The club by-laws require you as a member to sign the book at least 12 times per year. You agreed to obey the by-laws when you joined the club!
- Please do not write on the club calendar or sign up for events without checking with the event committee chairman or club use chairman first.
Mexican Fiesta Dinner May 1st
Dennis and Rebecca Williams will host the 16th annual Mexican Fiesta Dinner May 1st starting at 6:00 PM. The cost per meal is $12.00. This is an “OUTSTANDING DINNER” and a GREAT time!!! Dennis and Rebecca put a lot of effort into the preparation of the food and it is really good! Please contact Dennis or Rebecca Williams @734-467-5282 or 734-637-2184 to let them know if you are attending or for more details so they may have an idea of how much food they need to prepare.
Help is needed starting at 1:00 PM.
MCCC Travel League 2021
The Maybee Sportsman Club is currently in 4th place in the MCCC Travel Trap League. We are 43 targets out of 1st place. Here is the schedule for 2021: May 16th at Maybee Sportsman Club. Help is needed with this shoot. Come out to help and get your work hours in early for 2021! We normally have 150 to 160 shooters at this event. June 13th at Monroe Rod & Gun, June 20th at Century Gun Club, July 18th at Canvasback Gun Club, and August 22nd Shooting Directors meeting and shoot at Dundee Sportsman Club. The Lewis shoot and banquet will be held September 19th at Dundee Sportsman Club. Contact Art Bleau @ 734-730-9730 or Doug Gilson @ 734-645-5231 for more information.
Steak Roast May 8th
Jason Franzen, Matt Wickenheiser, and crew will host the May 8th steak roast dinner. Help is needed with this event. Karl Bausman, Carl Thomason, and Mike Clendening hosted the April 10th steak roast dinner. There were 17 dinners sold at the April 10th steak roast dinner. Brian McMahan “again” won the next free dinners. Thanks to everyone that came out for the dinner. New members are required to host or help with a club dinner their first year of membership. If you don’t host or help with a dinner you will not be allowed to renew your membership. Jason Franzen, Matt Wickenheiser and their crew will host the May 8th steak roast. Contact Dennis Williams @ 734-467-5282 if you wish to host or help with a steak roast.
Varmint Shoot May 1st
The next Varmint Shoot will be held May 1st. Sign in from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Center fire starts shooting @ 10:00 AM. Contact Keith Harriman @ 313-903-1694 or Dennis Sisung @ 586-206-0149 for more details.
30-3D Archery Shoot May 9th
There will be a 30-3D archery shoot on May 9th
from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the Maybee Sportsman Club. This is a travel league
shoot. The April 9th 30-3D shoot had 24 participants. For more
information about our archery shoots contact Scott Hicks at 734-735-9163
Spring Campout Weekend May 21st, 22nd,
There is going to be a Spring Campout Weekend this year. The dates are May 21st, 22nd, and 23rd. This is a trial to see how much interest we get in a spring camping event. Contact Art Bleau at 734-730-9730 for more information.
Spring Archery Shoot Starting April 11th
Scott Hicks had 14 people sign up for the spring archery shoot that started on April 11th. The cost is $20.00 per person. The starting time is 2:00 PM. For more information contact Scott Hicks at 734-735-9163.
All of the Gun-A-Day tickets are out. All stubs and money must be turned back in by the May 20th membership meeting.
Welcome New Members
On April 20th the Membership voted on six persons for Probationary membership in Maybee Sportsman Club. The new Probationary members are: Donald Christensen, Kathy Christensen, Lawrence Ewing, Ken Franzen, Herbert Liedel, and Paul Williams Welcome to the club.
Military Rifle Shoot May 8th & May 25th
The Saturday May 8th Military Rifle Shoot is at 5:00 PM. Contact Dennis Sisung @ 586-206-0149 for details. The Tuesday May 25th Military Rifle Shoot starts at 6:00 PM. Contact Tim Abel @ 734-654-6607 for more information. The fee for the Military Rifle Shoot is $5.00 for club members and $6.00 for non-members with prize money paid. Any Pre-1960 Military Rifle is allowed. The rifle used must be stock, open sights, and unmodified. We shoot 20 rounds of rifle and 5 rounds of handgun. The handgun must be stock with open sights and may be any caliber. Handgun is 5 shots @ 25 yards. Rifle is 10 rounds @ 50 yards and 10 rounds @ 100 yards on the rail or prone.
Club apparel is in the showcases! See the club website for pricing on club apparel. Contact Brian Swope at 313-653-9336 or Art Bleau at 734-730-9730 or see them at the Membership meetings to order shirts, hats, jackets, or any other items that you may want embroidered with the club logo.
Sponsoring New Members
When you sponsor new members, remember the dues are $80.00 per year and an initiation fee of $100.00.
- Make sure their money is included with their application and that the prospective new members know that they “MUST WORK” their hours the first year of membership.
- New members MUST HOST or help host a Steak Roast, Mexican fiesta, or Oktoberfest dinner or other club event their first year of membership. If they do not host or help with a dinner their membership will not be renewed.
- Applicants for Probationary membership must show up at the meeting when they are being voted into the club or have a good reason why they can’t be there.
Newsletter and club use Information: E-mail Dennis Goodman or call 734-586-3036 and leave a message.